The perfect hot dog
- Hot dogs with casings. There is no snap to a hot dog without a casing and without a snap there is no point.
- Chili out of a can. Yes. Hot dog chili out of a can. No beans. Vietti Hot Dog Sauce comes to mind. It’s made by a Nashville company. I think it costs $1.29 a can.
- Plain yellow mustard. No Dijon. No deli mustard. No honey mustard. Plain and yellow.
- Diced yellow onions. Enough said.
- A buttered bun. Yes, add butter to the hot dog and chili. Why not? You’re not eating these every day. Please say you’re not eating these every day.
- Grilling. No boiling of the hot dogs. Can’t you hear them screaming?
Want the complete story? Head on over to Char-Broil LIVE to get my recipe for The Perfect Hot Dog.